Wednesday, November 19, 2008

10 Days!


Sleeping like frankenstein (12 days old)

First bath (11 days old)
We have now been home with our newest addition for a whopping 10 days! Things are going pretty well. Good news is its been so chilly outside that I don't mind being cooped up in the house. Mom did come up yesterday to watch Hadley while I headed back to doc for a quick follow up visit. It was nice to get out of the house alone for a bit as afterwards I ran to Whole Foods to grab us lunch and get some dinner for Price and I and also went wine shopping! Boy I missed that~ although our budget did not! It sure is nice to have a small glass with dinner again! We are doing quite well. Seem to have settled into a nice routine now. Hadley did have a bad night on Monday but she had her 2nd doc. apt that morning and I think it was quite a traumatic event for her. Between the heel stick and the cleaning up of her belly button she did a fair amount of crying while there. I think it exhausted her so she slept most of the day which led to a restless night. Good news is last night was much better. I am not sure what to expect this evening as she has been out for a good portion of the afternoon. Didn't help that Price came home and 2:15 and before he left for Annapolis at 4 he laid down with her on his chest and they both napped for a while, as did the dog. Not sure why I didn't rest my eyes too. Oh well. I will post a few pictures of her from the past week. I can't wait to see how she changes and developes. We know that she has Price's ears, my nose and mouth, and I think possibly Price's feet which is a shame cuz I do love my feet!! I attempted to give her a bath yesterday since the pediatrician said I should wash her hair. Not sure if that meant it looked dirty or if she wanted me to get her head damp because of the little mark on the back of it from the delivery. Needless to say, was a tricky one man job but we succeeded. Then her hair was totally wacky for the rest of the day. Oh well. She is doing great after her doc visit and everything looks perfect! This has started off as an amazing journey! Thanks to Sam and Elly for the shout outs on your blogs!!! Can't wait for them to meet Hadley.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am glad you guys are off to such a good start. Things only get better and better!